This is an app for Garmin watches that tracks paddling strokes. The app is compatible with kayaks, canoes, surfskis, and rowing boats. External sensors are not required, the watch can simply be mounted on the boat to use the app.
During the workout, the app provides the following stroke data:
- Stroke cadence: number of strokes per minute.
- Stroke length: how far the boat advances with each stroke.
- Stroke counter.
In addition, the following information is also available:
- Lap time.
- Lap distance.
- Average speed.
- Heart rate.
The following data will be available in your Garmin Connect account at the end of the workout:
- Stroke cadence data at each moment of the workout.
- Stroke length data at each moment of the workout.
- Total number of strokes in the workout.
- Total number of strokes in each split.
- Average stroke cadence in each split.
- Average stroke length in each split.
You can see an example at this link: http://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/3504570145
New graphs in Garmin Connect
The app adds two graphs to Garmin Connect with the stroke information: cadence and length.
New data columns in Garmin Connect
Three new data columns will also be available in the splits table: